Dear SDHXCS families,
Happy New Year! Wish you all had a wonderful holiday break with your family and friends!
Here are the notes for the coming weeks:
- We shared with all of you earlier that Hua Xia recently purchased an office in Miramar area. The office will be mainly for the use of office operation, credit and AP program makeup classes during the week, enrichment program supplemental classes during the week, and serving the communities as a Chinese Culture Center. As many of you know that Hua Xia has been renting Miramar College campus for Sunday classes and a PO Box for mailing address. After 22 years, we finally have a place to call “home” and a platform, where we can enrich our programs and serve the communities! We are going to start the remodel and hope to get the office into use before summer.
As a non-profit, non-political, and non-religious independent language school, SDHXCS is the largest Chinese school in southern California and an IRS approved 501(c)(3) organization that can take tax-deductible donations. Attached please see the donation proposal that we wish you can help to get the office ready in near future. Any donations (cash, major furniture, and/or interior design plan) are truly appreciated.
Thank you for all the donations that we have received so far. We will have the acknowledge letter sent out to your attention shortly for your 2019 tax documentation purposes.
- The School Student store is open this coming Sunday 1/5 at the open space between H building and I building. Please bring your hard-earned coupons, follow your teacher’s time slot, and enjoy the shopping!
- 2020 Chinese New Year Celebration (CNY) Event is scheduled on 1/19/2020. All the students are required to attend this annual CNY event. Please note that the food and activities during the CNY festival are transacted with tickets. No cash is allowed. The 2020 CNY tickets pre-sale will start this Sunday 1/5 at office F-212. You will get one bonus ticket for every 20 tickets you purchase during the pre-sale.
- Dragon team (舞龙队) is recruiting. Additional practice is not needed. Team members only need to show up early on the day 1/19, practice, and dance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- The Waist-drum team (腰鼓队) is scheduled to practice on 1/5 & 1/12 from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm in the parking lot in front of H building. Please show up whenever you are available.
- The same as last year, we are looking for hand-drawings from our students (封面封底画) to design the cover pages of the CNY program. If your child is interested, please have him/her to submit a hand-draw half-letter-size (8.5"x5.5") picture with the theme of 2020 CNY, take a good picture of it, and submit it in a JPEG or PDF format to email@example.com on or before 1/4/2020 (this Saturday). Name your file with your child’s Chinese name in PinYin. Don't forget to sign and date on the right corner of your drawing. In the email, please mention your student's English and Chinese name, date of birth, and current Chinese teacher or class for reward delivery purposes.
- We want to hear from you whether you like your teacher or you think of something that your teacher can improve. Attached please find our Parent Survey where you can rate him/her or make additional notes. We will collect feedback and communicate with the teachers timely. Please note that the survey is on an anonymous basis.
- Snack Bar is located at H building lobby at a donation of $.50 each for the convenience of the students and parents.
- For registration, class transfer, withdrawal and academic related questions, please contact:
For student ID, please contact your teacher.
- Youth Leadership Forum 2020
Time: 1/11/2020 (next Saturday) 2 pm – 4 pm
Location: 5075 Ruffin Road #A, San Diego, CA 92123
Hosted by: Alliance of Chinese American (ACA)
Please see the attached flyer for details and registration.
- Visa Service this coming Sunday 1/5 at F-212 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Free Qi Gong (气功) practice
Time: 9:40 - 11:00 am
Location: Parking Lot #1
Instructor: Uncle Sam
- Free Taiji (太极) practice
Time: 9:40 - 11:40 am
Location: Parking Lot #2
Instructor: Song Lin
I shall see you all on campus.