Dear SDHXCS families,
I am excited to share with all of you that Hua Xia recently purchased an office in the Miramar area. The office will be mainly for the use of office operation, credit and AP program makeup classes during the week, enrichment program supplemental classes during the week, and serving the communities as a Chinese Culture Center. As many of you know that Hua Xia has been renting Miramar College campus for Sunday classes and a PO Box for mailing address. After 22 years, we finally have a place to call “home” and a platform, where we can enrich our programs and serve the communities! We are going to start the remodel and hope to get the office into use before summer.
As a non-profit, non-political, and non-religious independent language school, SDHXCS is the largest Chinese school in southern California and an IRS approved 501(c)(3) organization that can take tax-deductible donations. Attached please see the donation proposal that we wish you can help to get the office ready in near future. Any donations (cash, major furniture, and/or interior design plan) are truly appreciated.
Here are the notes for the coming weeks:
- PTA “Yard Sale” was postponed to this Sunday 12/15 by the grass area between H building and S building from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Everything and everyone is welcome to join us in selling and shopping. Academic books are preferred. See you there!
- 2020 Chinese New Year Celebration (CNY) Event is scheduled on 1/19/2020. All the students are required to attend. Dragon dance team(舞龙队), Waist drum team(腰鼓队)，and big head team (大头娃娃方队) are recruiting. If you are interested to join one of the teams or to obtain a booth for your class, please contact Tina at email@example.com.
- The Waist-drum team is scheduled to practice on 12/15, 1/5, & 1/12 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm in the parking lot in front of H building. The 4-hour time slot is to accommodate different schedule participants, so please show up whenever you are available.
- The same as last year, we are looking for hand-drawings from our students to design the cover pages of the CNY program. If your child is interested, please have him/her to submit a hand-draw half-letter-size (8.5"x5.5") picture with the theme of 2020 CNY, take a good picture of it, and submit it in a JPEG or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1/4/2020. Name your file with your child’s Chinese name in PinYin. Don't forget to sign and date on the right corner of your drawing. In the email, please mention your student's English and Chinese name, date of birth, and current Chinese teacher or class for reward delivery purposes.
- We want to hear from you whether you like your teacher or you think of something that your teacher can improve. Attached please find our Parent Survey where you can rate him/her or make additional notes. We will collect feedback and communicate with the teachers timely. Please note that the survey is on an anonymous basis.
- Snack Bar is located at H building lobby at a donation of $.50 each for the convenience of the students and parents.
- For registration, class transfer, withdrawal and academic related questions, please contact:
For student ID, please contact your teacher.
- Information Session: Prepare for PSAT
Time: 10:00 - 11:30 am 12/15 (coming Sunday)
Hosted by: IvyMax 飞达教育
Please see the attached flyer for details and registration.
- Free Qi Gong (气功) practice
Time: 9:40 - 11:00 am
Location: Parking Lot #1
Instructor: Uncle Sam
- Free Taiji (太极) practice
Time: 9:40 - 11:40 am
Location: Parking Lot #2
Instructor: Song Lin
There will be no school for the following two weeks in observation of the holidays. Wish you all have wonderful holidays with your family!