We are looking for Chinese teachers and enrichment teachers. If you are or you know someone is interested, please submit the resume to email@example.com.
Support Hua Xia by shopping on amazon smile! You pay the same price; our school gets 0.5% donation from Amazon! (Please choose San Diego Hua Xia Chinese School Incorporation as your donation charity.)
Dear SDHXCS families, welcome back to school. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break.
Here are the notes for the coming weeks:
- December PTA room parents meeting is this Sunday 12/8 9:45am for AM session and 1:45pm for PM session at Room F-209. See you there.
- 2020 Chinese New Year Celebration (CNY) Event is scheduled on 1/19/2020. All the students are required to attend. The performance application is due by 12/15/2019 (form attached). Dragon dance team(舞龙队), Waist drum team(腰鼓队)，and big head team (大头娃娃方队) are recruiting. If you are interested to join one of the teams or to obtain a booth for your class, please contact Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see attached a Letter from Tina for details.
- The Waist-drum team is scheduled to practice on 12/8, 12/25, 1/5, & 1/12 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm in the parking lot in front of H building. The 4-hour time slot is to accommodate different schedule participants, so please show up whenever you are available.
- The same as last year, we are looking for hand-drawings from our students to design the cover pages of the CNY program. If your child is interested, please have him/her to submit a hand-draw half-letter-size (8.5"x5.5") picture with the theme of 2020 CNY, take a good picture of it, and submit it in a JPEG or PDF format to email@example.com on or before 1/4/2020. Name your file with your child’s Chinese name in PinYin. Don't forget to sign and date on the right corner of your drawing. In the email, please mention your student's English and Chinese name, date of birth, and current Chinese teacher or class for reward delivery purposes.
- PTA is hosting the second “Yard Sale” this Sunday 12/8 by the grass area between H building and S building from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Everything and everyone is welcome to join us selling and shopping. Academic books are preferred. See you there!
- Our math teacher Ms. Zhang formed 4 teams to compete in the Mathnasium Math Olympiad Challenge at STEAM Fest San Diego this Saturday 12/7 10:00 am - 3:00 pm in Del Mar Fairgrounds. In this contest, teams face off on the stage and answer mental math questions. Here is the website regarding the contest: https://sansmf.org/participate/challenges/mathnasium-math-olympiad-challenge/. It’ll be fun and enriching to watch the contest in person. Everyone is welcome.
- Due to Thanksgiving break, China Press writing competition（侨报作文比赛）due date was extended to this Saturday 12/7. If you are still interested, please seek guidance and turn in your writing to your Chinese teacher no later than 12/7.
- Three youth journalists from the China Press Youth Journalists Club（侨报小记者俱乐部） had an information/introduction session about the club. Please click the following link of the video for the first-hand information about the Youth Journalists Club if you are interested. mp4
- We want to hear from you whether you like your teacher or you think of something that your teacher can improve. Attached please find our Parent Survey where you can rate him/her or make additional notes. We will collect feedback and communicate with the teachers timely. Please note that the survey is on an anonymous basis.
- Snack Bar is located at H building lobby at a donation of $.50 each for the convenience of the students and parents.
- For registration, class transfer, withdrawal and academic related questions, please contact:
For student ID, please contact your teacher.
- Information Session: Prepare for PSAT
Time: 10:00 - 11:30 am 12/15 (next Sunday)
Hosted by: IvyMax 飞达教育
Please see the attached flyer for details and registration.
- Free Qi Gong (气功) practice
Time: 9:40 - 11:00 am
Location: Parking Lot #1
Instructor: Uncle Sam
- Free Taiji (太极) practice
Time: 9:40 - 11:40 am
Location: Parking Lot #2
Instructor: Song Lin