We are looking for Chinese teachers and enrichment teachers. If you are or you know someone is interested, please submit the resume to email@example.com.
Support Hua Xia by shopping on amazon smile! You pay the same price; our school gets 0.5% donation from Amazon! (Please choose San Diego Hua Xia Chinese School Incorporation as your donation charity.)
Dear SDHXCS families,
Welcome back to San Diego Hua Xia Chinese School (SDHXCS)! Hope you all had a wonderful summer break. Our school staff and teachers have been busy getting ready for the new school year and now we are excited to start the 2019-20 school year this coming Sunday (8/25/2019). The school calendar is attached, please plan your family vacation accordingly.
Notes for the first school day:
- By now you should have received a welcome email from your teacher, informing you the classroom, class schedule, mandatory parent meeting at the beginning of the first period, as well as other first-day instruction. You may also find your class by login to your student account. The default password is the student’s birthday in the format of YYYYMMDD. Forgotten password can be easily retrieved online.
If you HAVEN'T REGISTERED, please complete your online registration at home. All the information you need can be found on the school website, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot complete registration at home due to technical problems, please stop by one of our mobile offices on the first day of school.
- We will have one mobile office in the H building lobby for Regular Program and another one under S5 building for the Credit Program. Jenny will set up a table for the Enrichment Program in the H building lobby as well.
- We offered many interesting enrichment classes for the 2019-20 school year, https://www.sdhxcs.org/docs/Enrichment_2019_20/EnrichmentSchedule_2019-20.pdf. Click each class to find the description of each class and its teacher, https://www.sdhxcs.org/index.php/en/classroom-assignment?showall=&start=1Please take advantage of the trial class on 8/25. All the students must complete the enrichment registration before the start of 9/15 enrichment classes.
To parents with a younger student, it is highly recommended that you guide your student to the location for the first-class meet.
- SAFETY is our #1 concern. Opening day is always busy and exciting. The traffic is expected to be heavy. Please allow yourself enough time to park and you’re your classroom. Drive slowly on campus (15 mph), pay close attention to pedestrians.
- CAMPUS MAP is attached here for your convenience. The buildings highlighted are the ones we use. H (Regular classes), S5 (Credit classes), I (mixed), and F-2 building is where our office located.
- PARKING Lot 1, 2, 3 are the main areas for us to park. Please Do Not park in the Reserved or Handicapped space unless you have a permit. Do Not park in front of the office for any reason. It is reserved for school staff to load/unload supplies. Absolutely NO parking on the roadside. Campus Police can issue violation tickets.
- Drop OFF student in the mid of the road is definitely a NO NO. It is dangerous for your student and inconvenient for others. Be courteous to others as you wish others to you.
- PARENT SERVICE starts from day 1. It is an important part of our school operation. Regular program service schedules are set by Vice Principal Tina Zhang. You will be notified ahead of time. Please review the Safety Patrol Duties and Safety Patrol Checklist (attached 1 & 2) to understand your responsibility.
- Next visa service will be September 8th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Recycle, Reuse, Reduce! An Upscale Back-to-School Resale event hosted by SD Savers is coming on Sept. 1-2 at 4040 Sorrento Valley Blvd, 92121. Please see the attached flyer for details. http://www.sdsavers.com.
Enjoy the rest of the week. I look forward to meeting you all this Sunday 8/25！