We are constantly in need of Chinese teachers and enrichment teachers. If you are or you know someone is interested, please submit the resume to email@example.com.
Dear SDHXCS families,
Here are the keynotes for the coming Sundays:
- The goal of our annual Chinese New Year (CNY) festival (flyer: EN, CN) is to provide an opportunity for our students to experience the authentic CNY celebration with the families and friends. We would appreciate any financial support/donation to make this event successful. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this tax-deductible donation.
- Please note that all the food and activities during the CNY festival are transacted with tickets. No cash is allowed. The 2019 CNY tickets pre-sale will be in the office F-212 this Sunday 1/13. You will get one bonus ticket for every 20 tickets you purchase during the pre-sale.
- The timeline of the stage performance and games & the map of booth assignment will be announced no later than 1/14, next Monday. We will have tug of war games for the teachers and parents. Don’t miss that
- Dragon team is recruiting. Additional practice is not needed. Team members only need to show up early on the day 1/20, practice, and dance. Please email email@example.com if you are interested
- Waist-drum team practice is from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm this Sunday in the parking lot in front of H building. The 4-hour time slot is to accommodate different schedule participants, so please show up whenever you are available.
- The student store is open this coming Sunday 1/13. Remember to bring your hard-earned coupons.
- The SDHXCS Board of Directors (BoD) is calling for Board Nomination. Please see attached letter from Coral Shen, the Chairwoman of SDHXCS BoD & the 2018-2019 Nominating Committee. The Nomination Form follows the letter. Please take this opportunity to nominate your desired BoD member.
- Information Session for SDHXCS AP classes will be held on 1/27/2019 1:00pm – 1:30pm at S5-104. Please mark your calendar if you are interested. The AP placement test is scheduled on 2/10/2019.
- After the first semester is over this Sunday, we will be sending out the report cards to high schools. We ask all credit class students, who expect the report cards to be sent to your daily school, please to update your personal information in your Moodle account, including your current grade, school name, etc. The correct information is necessary to submit your report card timely and accurately.
- The anonymous parent survey is still ongoing. Your participation is really appreciated, and our students will eventually benefit. A softcopy of the survey is attached. The completed survey can be dropped to office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hua Xia Tutor club sign up link is below, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YKidsLrR4FXa1qdYPE--pvm7XQD0rwv1RVfLA16D_B0/edit?usp=sharing
- Snack Bar is located at H building lobby for the convenience of parents and students. Limited options of healthy snacks are available at a donation of $0.50 - $1.00/piece
- For questions related to registration, class transfer, withdrawal or other academic-related questions, please contact:
For student ID and password information, please contact your teacher.
- Preparing for AP Courses Workshop from H & H Advancement
Time: 10:00am 1/27/2019
Speaker: Scott Halander (Chemistry) 2008 American Chemical Society Outstanding Chemistry Teacher
Bruce Hubschmitt (Math) 2014 Crystal Apple Recipient and 2012 Teacher of the Year
Please see attached flyer for details.
- Qi Gong (气功) practice
Time: 9:40 - 11:00
Location: Parking Lot #1
Instructor: Uncle Sam
- Taiji (太极) Practice
Time: 9:40 - 11:40 am
Location: Parking Lot #2
Instructor: Song Lin
I shall see you on campus!