**Support Hua Xia by shopping on amazon smile ! You pay the same price, our school gets 0.5% donation from Amazon ! **
Dear SDHXCS families,
Welcome back to San Diego Hua Xia Chinese School (SDHXCS)! Hope you all had a great summer. We are excited to start the 2018-19 school year this coming Sunday (9/9/2018) and are looking forward to seeing all of you on campus.
Moving forward, your teacher will forward school weekly news before Saturday, where you will receive most up to date information on campus with important information for you and your child.
Notes for the first school day:
- By now all of you should have received a WELCOME LETTER from your new teacher, informing you the grade level, class ID, room number, class schedule, as well as other instructions for the first day. You may also find your class by login to your student account. The default password is the student’s birthday in the format of YYYYMMDD. Forgotten password can be easily retrieved online.
- If you HAVEN'T REGISTERED, please complete your online registration at home. All information you need can be found on school website, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can not complete registration at home due to technique problem, please stop by the office at F-212 on the first day of school.
- SAFETY is our #1 concern. Opening day is always busy and exciting. Please allow yourself enough time to park and find classroom. Drive slowly on campus (15 mph), pay close attention to pedestrians.
- CAMPUS MAP is attached here for your convenience. The buildings highlighted are the ones we use. H (Regular classes), S5 (Credit classes), I (mixed), and F-2 building is where our office located.
- CLASS ASSIGNMENT will be posted in the H building lobby (Regular), and on the wall of S5 building (Credit) for your convenience, in case you don't know which class to go.
- PARKING Lot 1, 2, 3 are the main areas for us to park. Please Do Not park in the Reserved or Handicapped space unless you have a permit. Do Not park in front of the office for any reason. It is reserved for school staff to load / unload supplies. Absolutely NO parking on the roadside. Campus Police can issue violation tickets.
- Drop OFF student in the mid of the road is definitely a NO NO. It is dangerous for your student, and inconvenient for others. Be courteous to others as you wish others to you.
- MANDATORY PARENT MEETING at the beginning of the first period. Meet your teachers, understand regulations and expectations, submit required paper work (credit class), and purchase textbooks (bring a check).
- ENRICHMENT CLASS begins in the 2nd week, Sept. 16. Course schedule and introduction are available on website. Please read through the Registration Notice before sign up. No refund, prorate, or change of class once 1st class meet begins. You must complete registration before 9/16 to be able to attend the class.
To parents with younger student, it is highly recommended that you guide your student to the location for the first class meet.
- PARENT SERVICE starts from day 1. It is an important part of our school operation. Regular program service schedules are set by Vice Principal Tina Zhang. You will be notified ahead of time. Please review the Safety Patrol Duties and Safety Patrol Checklist to understand your responsibility.
- We don’t have Visa Service in September. Next service will be October 7th.
- College Financial Aid seminar presented by Gold Team Financial (see attached flyer for details)
Date & Time: Next Sunday (9/16), 9:30 am - 11: 00 am
- College Application Updates seminar presented by IvyMax (see attached flyer for details)
Date & Time: 9/30, 10:00 am - 11: 30 am
Last but very IMPORTANT, please pick up your student right after Chinese class this Sunday.
Enjoy rest of the week. I look forward to meeting you all on September 9th！
Be involved. Stay informed.