Hello Hua Xia Families!
The big day finally comes, we are celebrating Chinese New Year this Sunday!
Attention: location of the Festival is Not in Miramar College! (refer to the park map)
Things you must know for this Sunday:
Check out the diagram and locate your class booth. All booths will be marked and labeled for your convenience.
The program outlines the time frame of each activity/performance. We expect performers and participants of games to arrive at the field or by the stage 10 minutes ahead of your event.
Let us know if any questions.
2) All Students are required to arrive on site no later than 9:30 am to assemble and prepare for the openings ceremony, and enjoy a sunny day with your friends! Look for your class sign or booth or follow your room parent's instruction.
3) Referees, student helpers, dragon team, drum team, service team arrival time and report location as per your team leaders.
4) Penmanship Contest winners please report to the teachers by the stage at 11:40 am. Trophies will NOT be reserved if No Show.
5) No cash transaction for the event. Roll tickets used as "currency" are sold at the ticket booth, $1 each, for each $20 purchase you will have a chance to win a prize!
6) Room parents, if you are hosting a booth, I suggest that your team arrive no later than 9 am. If you have a lot to unload, you should be there by 8:30 am.
Remember to bring:
- trash bag to keep your booth clean. No food or trash left on the ground before we close.
- a brown bag and rubber bands to collect the raffle tickets. At the end of the day, count tickets and make $50 each bundle, mark your bag with class ID and teacher's name, and handed to the ticket booth. Cash out day will be announced.
- food handler's gloves for concerns of Hygiene! I strongly suggest that all food be prepacked before arrival.
- if your booth need power, please bring your own extension cord. Limited power source is available by booth #1 and #4.
6) General parking can be on the Black Mountain Road alongside the linked fence, or park at Miramar College as usual and walk across the street to the park. There are a few gates on the fence to enter into the park. The small parking lot adjacent to the entrance of the field is reserved for loading and unloading purpose.
BE INVOLVED! STAY INFORMED !