Dear Hua Xia Families,
Happy New Year and Welcome back to school !
I trust that you are well rested and re-energized and ready to put your new year plan to work. School resumes this coming Sunday, January 8. Here are some important things need your attention:
1) Visa service this Sunday, 10 am - 2 pm, in the office.
2) Student store is open. Remember to bring your hard earned coupon! Parents, please assist your teachers during this period, make sure your students get back to the classroom on time.
3) Pre-sale CNY raffle tickets this Sunday in the office. $1 per ticket. Bonus for pre-sale: $2 extra for each $20 purchase of the tickets, plus a chance to win a prize at the Festival. The Festival is a no-cash event, all food and games accept this tickets only.
4) Big day - 2017 Hua Xia Chinese New Year Festival is coming! See attached flyers.
Date: January 15.
Time: 10 am - 3 pm
Location: Wangenheim Middle School Park (across from Miramar College)
9230 Gold Coast Drive, San Diego
5) Big Head doll 大头娃娃 - needs 8 students! Fun! Easy! Let us know you want to be one on this Chinese New Year Festival day.
6) Dragon Team 舞龙队 is still recruiting! It's fun and unique. No experience needed. Join us today!
7) Parking for CNY can be on the Black Mountain Road alongside the linked fence, or park at Miramar College as usual and walk across the street to the park. There are a few gates on the fence to enter into the park.
8) Students are required to arrive on site no later than 9:30 am to assemble and prepare for the openings ceremony of the Festival. 1/15 is a no class day but IT IS a school day. It is the only day of the year reserved for our Chinese tradition. All students should take advantage of this special day to enjoy fresh air and sunshine while having fun with your friends and classmates!
9) Room parents, please make sure your class sign for assemble is big enough and eye-catching for your students/parents to find. It's interesting to see some class flags fly high in the previous years. I strongly suggest that you all take a walk to the field this Sunday, understand what you need to do to get your students / parents on time at the right assemble place.
10) Parking for loading & unloading purposes. For those classes who host a booth and need to load and unload, there is a small parking lot adjacent to the entrance of the field. The entrance to the parking lot is on the Black Mountain Road. Please refer to the attached park map.
11) Ground layout, booth assignments and the program will be sent out later of the week or early next week.
12) Referee training (AP class parents) this Sunday, 9:45 am in PTA room (next to the office). Please be on time.
Many thanks to the classes who plan to host a booth. But to make the event fun and success, we need more classes to participate, hosting a booth or signing up for games. Parents, bring your good ideas to the booth, and enjoy a no-class day with your children!
Thank you, and I shall see you all on Sunday!
BE INVOLVED! STAY INFORMED !