Weekly Reminder 2016-05-15
Dear Hua Xia Families,
This is the final week for 2015-2016 school year! It is also the Teacher Appreciation Week, an opportunity to thank our teachers that help motivate and encourage our children in learning Chinese language and culture. Let me be one of the first to share my sincere gratitude for the work done by our teachers, and for all of our families for supporting your children.
Last few things for end of school year：
1) Passport pick up this week, 12 pm. Do Not miss it！
2) Parent Service Deposit refund for Credit class continues this week by the office, 10:00 am - 12 noon, and 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. This will be the last chance for you to get refunded. Please come on time. Parents who pick up the refund for others must present a valid ID, and each parent may only be allowed to pick up for 1 other parent.
3) Registration for year 2016-2017 continues. Current students, Please keep in mind, you must complete registration before 5/14 midnight (online payment) to avoid the registration fee. Enrollment Instructions is attached here for your convenience. Room parents need to submit all collected tuition/forms (if any) this week.
For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; Or, email@example.com (Regular), firstname.lastname@example.org (Credit);
Or, email@example.com (Enrichment).
4) Student store is scheduled for this week. Students, don't forget to bring your hard earned coupons! We are unable to replace any lost or forgotten coupons.
5) Graduation/Promotion Ceremony, the Last and most exciting event of the school year will be held:
Date: Sunday, May 22
Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
Location: Performing Art Center, Mt. Carmel High School
9550 Carmel Mountain Road
San Diego, 92129
Program Highlight: AP class graduation, Award presentation (Speech / Reading contest, Outstanding Student), Student performance, and a fashion show by the models of We Chinese American !
Following the Ceremony is the prize winning performance by Xingjian Dance Troupe. This dance troupe was recently featured in American Got Talent show. I hope you enjoy it.
Please join us to celebrate and cheer for our students!
6) Performance at the Graduation Ceremony. Students, parents, and teachers are encouraged to show your talent at the year-end celebration! Individual or group, all welcome!
7) Important change for 2016-2017 ! Due to the request of Miramar College, the first school day will be August 28, two weeks earlier than that in the past years. Mark your calendar, and we will update you as soon as the calendar finalizes. Please pay close attention to the next weekly news, and be sure to check school website during summer for further information.www.sdhxcs.org
8) Next visa service is on June 5, 10 am - 3 pm. No service in July.
9) For communication during the summer, please contact us via email. Email addresses are same as mention above in 3).
Besides June 5, office may open on August 21, 10 am - 3 pm. We are still waiting for Miramar College's confirmation. Please visit school website for updates.
10) AmazonSmile.com is an easy way to support Hua Xia ! Parents, when you shop online, simply go to smile.amazon.com and select San Diego Hua Xia Chinese School. It's the same price to you, but 0.5% of donation difference from Amazon to our school.
Easy! Care! Support! Benefit !
Lastly, Thank you all for the good work done. I shall see you on this Sunday and at the Graduation/Promotion Ceremony!
Enjoy your summer. I will see you on campus the first school day of 2016-2017, August 28 !
San Diego Hua Xia Chinese School