Weekly Reminder 2016-01-31
Dear Hua Xia Families,
Due to the weather changes, Hua Xia Chinese New Year Festival is postponed to February 14, same time same location.
I apologize for any inconvenience it causes. Hope we can have a sunny day on 2/14.
Thanks to all of you who have been busy preparing for the event. Let's keep the spirit high, continue the good work and be better prepared for February 14 ! For the classes under prepared for this event, you have more time now and can do better on February 14 !
I'm calling on all our students and parents to come and celebrate together this traditional Chinese holiday. It is a day of joy.
1) January 31st, this coming Sunday, school is closed. School resumes next week, February 7th at regular hours.
2) H&H Advancement is coming back! AP course summer workshop. Meet the instructors on February 7, 9:45 -10:45 am, PTA room. See attached flyer for details.
3) Room parents, if you like to add games or booth you still have time. Please send in your request no later than February 7th to help us finalize the plan.
4) Pre-sale tickets one more day on 2/7! To avoid waiting in long line at the event, you can now have the comfort of purchasing the tickets ahead of time in the office. Pre-sale incentive: for each $20, you get an extra $1, plus a chance to win a prize! Don't miss it !!
5) Dragon Team 舞龙队 is waiting for you! Everyone who played it absolutely loves it ! Dragon is the icon of Hua Xia CNY Festival. You don't want to miss it !! One practice only, in the morning of the event.
Say " Count me in!" to the team leader Ms. Angie at email@example.com.
See for yourself -
6) Stage performances, group or solo, are welcomed and encouraged. Talented students, it is your time to rock!
7) Parent survey. In order to better understand students' need and serve our community, PTA is hosting a survey. Your opinion is valued! Click here and tell us http://sdhxcs.org/index.php/en/2015-16-school-survey . The survey is also posted on school website under Quick Access from Home page. Many thanks to the parents / students who have submitted.
8) How to prepare your students for college? Ivy Review will host a workshop February 21st, PTA room, 9:45 am - 11:15 pm AND 1:45pm - 3:15pm.
Good night !