Dear SDHXCS families,
Time flies. This is the last weekly news of the school year 2019-20, we’d thank all our teachers, staff, and parents being so patient in this special 2020 while the school was adjusting to provide the routine class schedule under the pandemic. Everyone did an awesome job!
Some of you may already know that I am about to finish my two-year Principal term. In the last board meeting, I was re-elected to be the Principal for another two-year term. I will continue working with everyone and invite you to join our office team if you are interested to work with me and willing to spend time helping the school. My email is email@example.com and I am looking forward to hearing from you.
For the next school year, We are looking for enrichment teachers who can bring some fun topics to our students. If you are or you know someone is interested, please feel free to email me and Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will start to review the enrichment program in June.
For the service deposits that haven’t been refunded due to COVID-19, the office will schedule a time to do so after we return to campus.
Here are the notes for this week:
- SDHXCS 2020-2021 Registration will stay open through the summer. But the registration fee of $35 can only be waived for current students if the registration is completed before this Sunday 5/17. Attached you will find the PPT from last Sunday information session. Some useful links are also listed here.
Please read the registration instruction carefully before you start to register your students https://www.sdhxcs.org/index.php/en/registration;
Current student enrollment guide and its Q&A session are very helpful: https://www.sdhxcs.org/docs/SDHXCS_Enrollment_Guide_2020-21.pdf
For registration information change, such as class time change, please fill out the request online, https://form.jotform.com/201035665381148?Home[state]=CA
New student registration doesn’t need an ID. Here is the registration link for the new students: https://form.jotform.us/201035392324142?Home[state]=CA
- 2020-21 SDHXCS Bilingual Program Information Session is scheduled for current Bilingual Program students and parents on 5/16/2020 at 10:30 AM via zoom meeting with Meeting ID: 795 5752 5995; Password: 4MWg5v
- SDHXCS WeChat Official Account sent out an invitation to all the students, parents, and teachers to record how the coronavirus impact our life华夏公众号抗疫日记. It can be a story, a poem, a drawing, or whatever format you can share with us. Please send your writing/drawing to email@example.com and we will publish and share it on the Official Account.
- SDHXCS AP Class 2020 online graduation ceremony (华夏云毕业典礼) is scheduled on 5/24 at 10:00 am. Due to limited online event seating, only AP class students and parents are invited. If you aren’t invited but want to attend, please send me an email and we will put you on a waiting list.
- Due to the pandemic, we won’t be able to host the teacher appreciation banquet as usual. Instead, we will be hosting an online teacher appreciation conference（云谢师大会）on 5/24 at 2:30 pm. Due to online event seating limitations, only the teachers and classroom parent representatives (one per class) are invited to attend. We will have raffle time, so please let your teacher know that you will attend and add in your name and classroom information in below google sheet. The zoom invitation will be sent by 5/20. Please obtain the details from your teacher. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y4SJSh12koIOax7oYM9wAy3snRW_x7F-
- One of SDHXCS graduates designed a website together with her high school friends to provide a platform for tons of free study resources for the elementary students. I haven’t had a chance to explore the website, but it sounds a pretty handy website during this pandemic. If you are interested and want to take advantage of the sorted information, please refer to her letter as attached.
Because of the COVID-19, this summer staycation will be challenging for all of us. To help relieve the difficulty, SDHXCS is considering to host virtual summer camps (Chinese and Enrichment classes) 网上夏令营. The detailed summer camp plan will be announced in early June using WeChat. If you are interested and would like to know the details, please join one of SDHXCS parent WeChat groups or follow SDHXCS WeChat Official Account （华夏公众号 SDHXCS）.
Take care and wish you all stay safe and healthy through the pandemic! Hope to see you soon in the fall!