Dear SDHXCS families,
As we are getting close to the end of the school year, we have started planning for the next year. We are looking for enrichment teachers who can bring some fun topics to our students. If you are or you know someone is interested, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online class sessions for the Chinese program and the Enrichment program will continue until 5/17. Please make sure to follow your teacher's new class rules and homework requirements during the online sessions. For the service deposits that haven’t been refunded due to COVID-19, the office will schedule a time to do so after we return to campus.
This Sunday is Monday’s day. I wish all the moms have a wonderful Mother’s Day. Don’t forget to order a bouquet for yourself, for your mom, and/or for your kids’ mom.
Here are the notes for the coming weeks:
- SDHXCS 2020-2021 Registration is open. Attached you will find the PPT from last Sunday information session. Some useful links are also listed here. Please note that the registration fee of $35 is waived for current students only if the registration is completed before 5/17.
Please read the registration instruction carefully before you start to register your students https://www.sdhxcs.org/index.php/en/registration;
Current student enrollment guide and its Q&A session are very helpful: https://www.sdhxcs.org/docs/SDHXCS_Enrollment_Guide_2020-21.pdf
For registration information change, such as class time change, please fill out the request online, https://form.jotform.com/201035665381148?Home[state]=CA
New student registration doesn’t need an ID. Here is the registration link for the new students: https://form.jotform.us/201035392324142?Home[state]=CA
- SDHXCS WeChat Official Account sent out an invitation to all the students, parents, and teachers to record how the coronavirus impact our life华夏公众号抗疫日记. It can be a story, a poem, a drawing, or whatever format you can share with us. Please send your writing/drawing to email@example.com and we will publish and share it on the Official Account.
- SDHXCS AP Class 2020 online graduation ceremony is scheduled on 5/24 at 10:00 am. Due to limited online event seating, only AP class students and parents are invited. If you aren’t invited but want to attend, please send me an email and we will put you on a waiting list.
- Because of the COVID-19, this year we won’t be able to host the teacher appreciation banquet. Instead, we will be hosting an online teacher appreciation conference on 5/24 at 2:30 pm. All the teachers and room-parents (one per class) are invited to attend. Please reserve your time and let your teacher know before 5/8 if you plan to join us.
- One of SDHXCS graduates designed a website together with her high school friends to provide a platform for tons of free study resources for the elementary students. I haven’t had a chance to explore the website, but it sounds a pretty handy website during this pandemic. If you are interested and want to take advantage of the sorted information, please refer to her letter as attached.
Take care and stay safe!