Dear SDHXCS families,
Yesterday we and Xingjian Dance Studio, together with other 4 Chinese American originations, hosted a big PPE donation event, handing out over 15,000 PPEs to over 30 nursing homes and senior livings. Both KUSI and CBS 8 reported the event in their prime-time news. They were impressed by our class funds donation to help the pandemic. Again, thank you all for your support and help during this challenging time. I am looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
Online class sessions for the Chinese program and the Enrichment program will continue until 5/17. Please make sure to follow your teacher's new class rules and homework requirements during the online sessions. For the service deposits that haven’t been refunded due to COVID-19, the office will schedule a time to do so after we return to campus.
Here are the notes for the coming weeks:
- SDHXCS 2020-2021 Registration is open. Attached you will find the PPT from last Sunday information session. Some useful links are also listed here.
Please read the registration instruction carefully before you start to register your students https://www.sdhxcs.org/index.php/en/registration;
Current student enrollment guide and its Q&A session are very helpful: https://www.sdhxcs.org/docs/SDHXCS_Enrollment_Guide_2020-21.pdf
For registration information change, such as class time change, please fill out the request online, https://form.jotform.com/201035665381148?Home[state]=CA
New student registration doesn’t need an ID. Here is the registration link for the new students: https://form.jotform.us/201035392324142?Home[state]=CA
- SDHXCS WeChat Official Account sent out an invitation to all the students, parents, and teachers to record how the coronavirus impact our life华夏公众号抗疫日记. It can be a story, a poem, a drawing, or whatever format you can share with us. Please send your writing/drawing to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will publish and share it on the Official Account.
- SDHXCS AP Class 2020 online graduation ceremony is scheduled on 5/24 at 10:00 am. Due to limited online event seating, only AP class students and parents are invited. If you aren’t invited but want to attend, please send me an email and we will put you on a waiting list.
- Because of the COVID-19, this year we won’t be able to host the teacher appreciation banquet. Instead, we will be hosting an online teacher appreciation conference on 5/24 at 2:30 pm. All the teachers and room-parents (one per class) are invited to attend. Please reserve your time and let your teacher know before 5/8 if you plan to join us.
- To help kids continue learning arts and develop creativity while staying home during this challenging time, a group of talented and award-winning Del Norte High Schoolers is offering free skill-based art classes. If you are interested, please refer to the attached flyer.
Take care and stay safe!