Weekly Reminder 2015-04-19
Dear Hua Xia Families,
We are fast approaching to the end of this school year. Here are news for week 27.
1) Registration for 2015-2016 begins this Sunday 4/19, online. Must have your student's ID number to register all programs including Enrichment. Each student also must have a unique email address, meaning, no 2 students' email address on the registration form be the same. The existing Hua Xia students enjoy the priority of enrollment if application received on /before the deadline, 5/3 for Regular class, 5/10 for Credit class. After that, new student policy applies.
If you do not know your ID, please check with your teacher first before sending email to: email@example.com.
2) Credit Program placement test for 2015-2016 incoming students is scheduled on this Sunday, 4/19, 12 noon - 1 pm, I-101A. (for existing Hua Xia students only. New students on 5/3).
Please: - arrive at 11:35 am.
- know your Chinese teacher's name and class ID.
- have your parent's phone number and email address handy .
- know your school name / district in 2015-2016 year (to fill in the test sheet) .
This test is for students who will be in 7th grade or higher (in their regular school) in 2015-2016, and who plan to attend Hua Xia credit class. No exceptions!
3) iGenius summer camp open house this Saturday, 4/18! Computer and more! It is owned and taught by Dr. Sun and his team, the very popular 3D Game Development / computer programming class at Hua Xia. Find details in the flyer Open House.
4) The American Chinese Youth Art Festival - Painting/Drawing Contest application Deadline 4/20. See flyer for details.
5) 2015 Chinese Culture Night at Petco Park! Next Saturday, 4/25. Padre vs. LA Dodgers! Get your ticket before too late! Seeattachment for details.
6) A big " Thank You!" to those of you who participated in 2015 HOC Essay Contest! We had a great turn out!
7) Are you interested in having your children begin learning Chinese in traditional way, by reading/reciting classical Chinese books 四书五经? It is arguably the best way to teach Chinese culture and memorize Chinese characters. More importantly it says, the process trains your children to love reading and learning! We plan to open a class in 2015-2016 year. Come and join us for a presentation next Sunday, 4/26, at PTA room. Details will follow.
8) Parents, your talent should be put in good use! We are in need of teacher / coach for: soccer, volley ball, violin, Chinese calligraphy, brush painting, etc.. Any subject that you think we should have! Contact us now!
9) Mark your calendar! Hua Xia 2015 Promotion / Graduation Ceremony on 5/17, 2:00-5:00 pm, followed by beautiful Dance Recital of Liu Laoshi class. All invited!
10) You can enjoy We Chinese American weekend newspaper here:
Thank you, and I shall see you all on Sunday!