Weekly Reminder 2015-02-19
Dear Hua Xia Families,
Happy Year of Goat! 新年好！恭祝大家羊年吉祥！
Hope you all enjoyed the week off with the Chinese New Year celebration. Congratulations to the students and parents who participated in ACCEF annual performance! That was a beautiful show.
School resumes this coming Sunday, 2/22. Here are a few events for this week and the following weeks:
1) Planning summer class? H&H Advancement is coming back! Informational meeting: February 22, 9:45 - 10:45 am, PTA room. Sign-up sheet fills up fast! See attached flyer and application for details.
2) Understand your body, and Learn how to strengthen it effectively, through main and collateral channels!
Workshop: February 22, 1:35 - 3:20 pm, I building court yard. Details are in the attachments (1 & 2).
3) CNY ruffle tickets redeem this Sunday in the office. Please count and bundle up your collection to $50s, put them in a brown bag with your class ID and teacher's name on it.
4) If you haven't visit Sea World for a while, you may find Chinese New Year theme in the park right now and enjoy a HongBao on these days: 2/21-2/22, 2/28, and 3/1. Don't miss it! We cherish that the Chinese tradition is more acknowledged here in town!
5) Summer camps in China information was sent to you on 2/12. Space is very limited. If you wish to participate, please submit your application to Ms. Zhe Nie, firstname.lastname@example.org . These 2 camps require no other fees except $75 pp registration.
6) The Second American Chinese Youth Art Festival hosted by <We Chinese American> , May 23, is now accepting talent show application! Deadline 3/15. Students, many of you are very talented, and your talent should be recognized! If you wish to share it in performing arts, language, or any other types, please contact email@example.com. See flyer for details.
7) 2015 HOC Essay Contest! Your teachers should have already informed you of this annual event hosted by House Of China, a good opportunity to show your writing skill! Deadline is April 13. Application is attached.
8) Ivy Review helps preparing your student for top colleges! Presentation: March 1, two sessions : 9:45-11:00 am, and 1:45-3:00pm, PTA room. Details to follow. www.ivyreview.com
Thank you, and I shall see you all on Sunday!