Weekly Reminder 2015-01-09
Hello Hua Xia Families!
This week is the beginning of the second semester, only 4 weeks away from our annual CNY Festival!
1) We had a Room parent's meeting last Sunday regarding CNY, about half of the total attended, the other half may have reasons unable to come. We may have another session depending on the demand. Please contact us if you would like to come to the meeting. Topic: CNY Festival.
2) Join the Drum team for CNY Festival Opening! No experience needed. Can be easily learned in one practice. Age 7 - 87. Rehearsal on Sunday 12:00 noon - 1:30 pm! Contact the team leader: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) More people are needed to fly the Dragons! Join us and have fun! You will love it! Contact the team leader: email@example.com.
4) Referees needed! "Big Head Doll" needed! You can either contact us or your room parents.
The event will be a lot less without any part of the above roles. Parents, students, we want to make it the best day of the school year!
5) Group or solo performance are welcomed and encouraged! Students, parents, if you have a talent and would like to show, we want to see it. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
6) Sign up for the games with your room parents this week or next, the early the better. You know the games, and you don't want to miss it! Especially this year, there will be a laser tag game at the event. No kids want to miss that!!
7) Booth with food or games, to support the event, and to raise fund for your class! Students and Parents, you all have good ideas. Work with your room parents, and let us see who can do better!
8) CNY Festival is a no-cash event. Raffle tickets will be used for all food and games. Pre-sale of the tickets begins on 1/18 in the office, $1 per tickets, every $20 purchase will have a chance to win a prize. Add Pre-sale special, earn an extra $1 with every $20 purchase! Laser Tag costs $5 per game, so you may need a lot. To reduce the time in line on the day, purchase yours ahead of time!
9) Don't have dinner plan for Chinese New Year? You can join the banquet hosted by Chinese Service Center of San Diego and House of China. See flyer for full information.
That's all for this week.
Thank you, and I shall see you all on Sunday!