Dear Hua Xia Families,
Last Sunday was such a buzzeling day. I'm glad to see so many smiling faces, hearing exchange of greetings, and wishes for Moon Festival. Thanks to all parents who made sure their students arrive on time and prepared. It does require some effort to get everybody in gear on Sundays, especially after a long summer vacation.
A few things need your attention:
1) NO Food Policy should be carried out seriously. College facility manager was on site, and noticed that there are food in the hallway and on the classroom floor.
Teachers, please remind your students to clean up after themselves.
2) Enrichment class begins this Sunday, 9/14. Click here for course schedule, course description and classroom assignment:
Enrichment class policy is listed in Regular Program Registration Notice, and stated in the course schedule.
3) Scholarship for high school seniors! San Diego Chinese Center is offering it's 4th annual scholarship to all local high school seniors. $500 one-time award! Application is attached.
Previous winners of this scholarship includes Hua Xia students Mimi Yao and Alwin Hui. You could be the next!
4) Contest on the Chinese Culture Knowledge, 10/12. This is the first time we participate in the event. Hua Xia students, you are the best! Show your knowledge and be awarded! Opportunity to represent US team! Detail info attached.
All local Chinese schools students are invited too. Seats are limited. First come first served. Reserve yours now!!
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thanks to those already registered within the first hour and the first day after the announcement posted.
5) Community event
- Bo Hua Youth Concert, 9/20, Saturday. Free! http://bohuausa.org/concert/2014YouthGroup.pdf
- Chinese Culture Night at PETCO Park, 9/20, featuring 2008 Olympics basketball champion, Jiang Shan. Flyer attached.
-Taste of Asia organized by House of China, 9/27 and 9/28, at Balboa Park. Flyers attached.
Thank you, and see you all on Sunday!