Picture of Admin User
Weekly Reminder 2016-01-24
by Admin User - Thursday, January 21, 2016, 10:10 PM

Weekly Reminder 2016-01-24

Dear Hua Xia Families,

Only one week to go before Hua Xia Chinese New Year Festival !  I'm calling on all our students and parents to come and celebrate together this traditional Chinese holiday.  It is a day of fun, and you don't want to miss it !!  

1) Room parents, if you would like to add games or booth you still have time. Please send in your request no later than this Sunday to help us finalize the plan. 

2) Pre-sale tickets!  As usual, CNY Festival is a no-cash event, raffle tickets take place as "currency", $1 each, for food, games and merchandise. To avoid waiting in long line at the event, you can take the advantage of purchasing the tickets ahead of time in the office this Sunday 1/17 and next Sunday 1/24.  Pre-sale incentive: for each $20, you get an extra $1, plus a chance to win a prize!  Don't miss it !!

3) Dragon Team 舞龙队 need you! Dragon is the icon of Hua Xia CNY Festival, it is the most loved and eye-catching activity at the event. You want to be part of it !! One practice only, in the morning of the event. 

Say " Count me in!" to the team leader Ms. Angie Bi at  angieweibi@gmail.com.

Enjoy the video clips from last year -      

4) Stage performances, group or solo, are very welcomed and encouraged. Talented students, it's your time! 

5) Passport pick up this Sunday12 noon. Be sure to come on time.

6) Enrichment classes finalize this week. 

7) Parent survey. In order to better understand students' need and serve our community, PTA is hosting a survey. Your opinion is valued! Click here and tell us  http://sdhxcs.org/index.php/en/2015-16-school-survey .  The survey is also posted on school website under Quick Access from Home page.  Many thanks to the parents / students who have submitted.

8) H&H Advancement is coming back! AP course summer workshop. Meet the instructors on February 7, 9:45 -10:45 am, PTA room. See attached flyer for details. 

Enjoy the precious sunny day, and I shall see you all on Sunday!

Xing Bin
Principal